[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase: missing rows from channel table

Mark Wormgoor mark at wormgoor.com
Tue Oct 19 11:49:56 UTC 2004

Hi,

> I am trying to setup a new installation of Mythtv on FC2 using Jarod's instructions and I run into the folowing problem when running mythfilldatabase after running mythtvsetup to select a the danish TV 2 station as the one and only source.
>
> mythfilldatabase runs the tv_grab_dk that retrieves som XML information, but at the end I get these errors.
>
> :
> End of XMLTV output ------------------
> Query was:
> SELECT channum FROM channel WHERE chanid = 1001;
> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
>
> I understand from this previous discussion
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-October/056413.html
> that there should already have been inserted a row i the channel table by mythtvsetup.
>
> Can anyone help me finding out figure out if I am doing something wrong or there is a bug somewhere in the mythtvsetup process.

I had the exact same problem with tv_grab_nl and ended up just entering
all the channels into the GUI manually (getting the xmltv id from the
/usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_nl/channels file).  I never had this problem
with 0.15 (exact same procedure), so it seems like a bug to me.

But, it was easier to circumvent than to track and fix :)

Kind regards,

Mark