[mythtv-users] pcHDTV support for normal TV over PVR-350

John Thomas jwt9478 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:49:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:57:37 -0400, Matthew Gleed <mgleed at gleed.us> wrote:
>  I get about 2.4GB per hour.  I have my bit rate turned up a bit higher than
> default.
>
>  -mgleed
>
>  Anando Bhattacharya wrote:
>

>  Hello, I was wondering if I could use a pcHDTV card with cable tv ( I don't
> have a cable box )? I don't mind using the PVR-350, but I wouldn't mind
> supportign the pcHDTV who have made a prodcut that is fully Linux
> compatiable. I would like to know what you guys think. Thanks PS I was
> wondering how much 1 hour of "myth-tv' encoded video and audio is. I am not
> talking about mpeg-4 ( Xvid or Divx etc ...) but the usual ones that people
> use. ________________________________

There are rumors out there that the new version of the pcHDTV (not
released yet) will have support to capture HDTV signals off of
coaxial, but those haven't been verified yet.  So until there is an
official release, all I can say that you can only capture HDTV
over-the-air.

As far as recording size, tt completely depends on the codec bit rate
that you set in the MythTV settings/configuration.  Mine is at 4400
and that equates to about 1 GB per hour of recording MPEG2 off of a
PVR-250.  You can make adjustments based on video quality and hard
drive capacity available.

Good luck!!!