[mythtv-users] Can't select items in frontend menus

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 19 01:50:12 UTC 2004

Allan Stirling wrote:

> Matthew Gleed wrote:
>
>> I've had this ongoing problem with my frontend popup menus.  The
>> typical places I have this problem is in the popup menus Ie. deleting
>> a recorded show or any of the menus within setup.  In the delete
>> recording example , when the option to keep, delete, or delete and
>> allow re-record pops up there is no selector with which to select my
>> menu choice.  None of the options are highlighted and selectable and
>> I cannot move between selections.  In order to be able to start
>> selecting the menu items again I usually have to restart the frontend
>> after which the pop up menu will usually only come up correctly once
>> before it wigs out again.  This is really driving me nutz and any
>> help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Here is my system setup:  I'm running a current CVS snapshot as of
>> today and have had this problem for some time through many CVS
>> updates.  I'm using a PVR350 for TV Output with ivtv-0.2.0-rc1g.
>
> I've been seeing this problem since sometime after the .15 release.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/86281?search_string=focus;#86281
>

> Only happens after the frontend has spawned something external.

Although it's not a solution, I recommend using the workaround I
mentioned in the thread referenced by Allan.  The workaround is
available at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/82755 .
Just make sure you have your mythfrontend window offset from 0,0 (i.e.
set a 1-pixel horizontal offset) for it to work.  Also, add " ;
movemouse" at the end of your commands (instead of using the wrapper
script) to better support files with spaces in their names.

However, if you do determine the cause of the problem, please let us
know.  I'd love to get rid of that ugly hack on my system...

Mike