[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Mon Oct 18 22:47:05 UTC 2004

> Hi Wayne,
>
> What do you mean " If lircrc is in it's proper place, then make sure
> the button names are exactly the same in both files. "  What 2 files?
>
>  I have the same problem and I still can't get the grey Haup.
> controller to work inside mythtv. I log on as user: mythtv and I have
> a directory named: "/home/mythtv/.mythtv" and inside that directory
> are 3 files (all the same content: from Jarod's site "MythTV native
> LIRC config file for the grey Hauppauge remote. By Jarod Wilson,
> 2003/12/21) named: lircrc, .lircrc, .mythtv. (I created 3 files cause
> I found discrepency in docs)
>
> But, I still have no luck getting the controller to work inside
> mythtv.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

It sounds like you have the lircrc file in the correct place. Did you
also copy the lircd.conf file from the ivtv documentation?

# cp /usr/share/doc/ivtv-*/lircd-g.conf /etc/lircd.conf

If you run irw from the terminal and pressing your remote keys gives you
output then you've done that properly.

If you copied the files from Jarod's website, you don't have to worry
about the buttons having the same names.  He's made sure of it :) I just
gave some other suggestions to David in this thread a couple of minutes
ago.  Try those and let me know what you get.

Wayne Steenburg