[mythtv-users] Replacing current mythtv box

John sephtin at techgodz.com
Mon Oct 18 14:10:32 UTC 2004

I'm building a machine to replace my current mythtv box.  I'm sure this
has come up, but haven't been able to dig it out of the archives or
FAQ's anywhere.

I'd like my new myth box to remember what shows have been previously
recorded, etc.  But know that copying the entire database causes
problems if you change the host name... (previous experience... this
caused all items in the program guide to become unknown-unknown) :(

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, when running mythtvsetup, if I remove my settings (say yes, yes,
rather than no, no)does that forget previously recorded history?

Thanks,
John