[mythtv-users] problems installing fc2 on via c3 processors---->solution.

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 18 04:40:20 UTC 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 14:45, anders smith wrote:
> I've been banging my head trying to install fc2 and myth on my new
> backend using c3 processor, but the installer simply crashes during
> boot and reboots...
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Nope, FC2 installed without a hitch on my EPIA. However...

> I found a link to a workaround but thought it might be useful to
> mention it in Jarods guide or on the wiki... (It might be but I haven't
> found and in that case I apologize).
>
> The link is:
>
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installreboot
>
> just thought I'd spare someone else the frustration I've been trough...
> ;-)

...Looks like you've got the older C3 processor, while I've got the Nehemiah
variant that actually does have the i686 instruction set capabilities
necessary to use an i686 kernel over a i586 one. I'll add a note.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...