[mythtv-users] MythTV install interrupted, now I'm confused

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Oct 17 23:57:36 UTC 2004

Folks,

Awesome software.  Been using it fro about six months or more.  First
foray was building everything from scratch on a really crappy machine.
Working fine, but was always choppy with video (slow hard disk and slow
machine), so I figured I'd start fresh with all new gear and try Jarod's
guide.  Thanks to Jarod, Axel, Issac and all the folks on this list who
helped my with the last problem (kernel stuff).  I'm on to the next
hurdle.

So, I humbly ask for help...I decided to build a brand new myth box from
the ground up with new hardware, and was in the middle of the build
(well, on about step 11) when I had to run into work.  When I got home
the machine was powered off.  I think it may have gotten bumped or
something, but that's not important.

I'm using Jarod's Guide and Axel's ATrpms.  I tried to pick up the
install from where I left off and got lirc installed (and working), myth
up and running, but no video.  So, I went back to step 10, and when
trying to cat /dev/video0, things seem to work ok, but when running it
back through mplayer, I get various messages depending on the entry I
put into the step talking about setting the ivtvctl -p 4, the height and
width.  I'd post some of them, but I'm not sure if I should just blow
away the whole thing and start over or try to salvage it.  My hardware,
if it makes a difference:

Hauppauge PVR-250
Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert
60 gb drive (system and myth)
250 gb drive (video)
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
PNY Gforce 440 mx

I know Jarod says that MYth can control all this now, so it may be a
moot point.  I've even gotten the TV listings from Zap2It populating in
the database.  I just can't figure out where my PC thinks the video
should be coming from.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul