[mythtv-users] MythVideo with AC3 output: popping noise on pause

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Sun Oct 17 19:47:09 UTC 2004

May really be a mplayer question, but I figure someone on the list may've
run into this, so I'll ask.  :) MythVideo's working great for video
playback with AC3 output, using the following mplayer command:

mplayer -quiet -fs -zoom -slang en -vobsub <file>-subtitles -spualign 1 -monitoraspect 16:9 -ac hwac3,a52, -vo xv <file>

The only problem I have is that when I pause the video, I get a very loud
popping noise through the speakers - does anyone happen to know how to fix
that?

Also, is there any way to do simultaneous AC3 output out the optical
connection and decode the AC3 output to the stereo output? I doubt it, but
worth a shot.  :)