[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Sun Oct 17 17:13:30 UTC 2004

<reformat>

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 12:19, David Phillips wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> I do not have a Mythtv directory of files in
> Mythtv/home. Is this a problem? I loaded the mythtv
> suite through Synaptic. Everything in the mythtv works
> excpet the remote as I stated before. Should I place
> the lircrc file in another directory?
>
> Thanks
> David
</reformat>

David,

First, please bottom post so people can follow along easier :)

By default mythtv look for the lircrc file in a hidden directory
(.mythtv) in the mythtv users' home directory.
(/home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc) Running "ls -a /home/mythtv" from a
terminal ought to show that directory being present. You stated that you
installed with Synaptic.  Are you running Fedora or Debian or something
else?  What documentation are you using? Again it sounds to me like you
don't have the lircrc in the proper place.

Please post the results of "ls -a /home/mythtv" , "ls
/home/mythtv/.mythtv", your linux distribution, where you pulled your
myth packages from and what documentation you're using.

Wayne Steenburg