[mythtv-users] make a copy of .nuv as .mpg

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sat Oct 16 17:09:47 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

It is due to the way shell expansion works.  Your command essentially
becomes 'cp file1 file2 file3 file4 file5 etc etc'.

cp is just complaining that the last item on the line isn't a directory.
You want something closer to:

cd /storage/TV ; ls *nuv | sed -e s:\.nuv:: | xargs -i cp {}.nuv {}.mpg

This takes a list of all the nuv files, cuts off the .nuv extension,
then for each file, copies file.nuv to file.mpg

All the best,

Mark