[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv] Bug inserting recordings into 'recorded' database with cvs from 13/oct/04

Mark Cooke mpc at jts.homeip.net
Sat Oct 16 16:47:42 UTC 2004

Hi all,

(switched to the user list as it seems to be a problem more related to
my setup)

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 23:39, Mark Cooke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded my setup with current CVS code today, and since then after a
> recording starts, I have been getting the following from the backend:
>
> DB Error (WriteRecordedToDB):
> Query was:
> INSERT INTO recorded
> (chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,description,hostname,category,recgroup,autoexpire,recordid,seriesid,programid,stars,previouslyshown,originalairdate) VALUES(:CHANID,:STARTS,:ENDS,:TITLE,:SUBTITLE,:DESC,:HOSTNAME,:CATEGORY,:RECGROUP,:AUTOEXP,:RECORDID,:SERIESID,:PROGRAMID,:STARS,:REPEAT,:ORIGAIRDATE);
> Driver error was [2/1048]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Column 'seriesid' cannot be null
>
> Recordings are written to disk correctly, but they don't appear in the
> recorded programmes list.

An update:

The SQL error also happens for the oldrecorded table with DB Error
(addHistory), showing the same error that seriesid cannot be null.

It only appears to happen with my remote backend.  Recordings on the
local backend appear in the table as expected.  The entry in the
recorded table shows 'seriesid' as an empty string for these successful
recordings.

The other differences are that the remote backend has 2 x PVR-x50 cards,
and the local backend has a bt8x8 V4L device.

I've tried dropping all entries in the 'program' table, and re-running
mythfilldatabase with the latest tv_grab_rt_uk instead of
tv_grab_uk_bleb.  I wasn't particularly expecting this to help, and it
didn't.

This issue is still present for my setup in today's CVS.

Best regards,

Mark

More information on my setup:

Machine 'gw', 10.2.3.1, front+backend+mysql, 1 x bt8x8, 2.6.8-1
Machine 'tv', 10.2.3.150, backend, 2 x ivtv, nfsroot    2.4.26

Both are running the same cvs release of mythtv, fedora core 2.