[mythtv-users] Building CVS Myth under GentooX for XBox.

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 14:04:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

Im trying to get Myth (CVS version) working under GentooX for the XBox. (frontend only- my backend works lovely on a Mandrake10 box)

Has anyone successfully done this? do you happen to have a list of which packages you had to emerge to get it wokring?

I finally got it compiled, then hit problems with QT3-SQL libraries. Does anyone know what I need to emerge to get that working?

Also, someone mentioned that you can mount the xbox file system on another linux box, and chroot to it, and build on that (it took HOURS and HOURS to compile Myth on the XBox and very nearly overran my swap space).

Has anyone done this? is this just a case of using Samba to share the xbox root, then mounting it on the other box (say /mnt/xbox) then in bash running chroot /mnt/xbox

Would I have to do anything else to build it?

Finally, I dont suppose anyone has an image of a working GentooX system do they? with all libraries in tact :)
(for those who dont know, GentooX can be installed into a large file in the FATX partition, and mounted using loopback. That way you can also play games :). That large file can be extracted, and run on another box.

thanks