[mythtv-users] re-airings of new episodes marked as "Repeat" instead of "Earlier showing"?

Adam Berson adam at adamberson.com
Sat Oct 16 00:22:57 UTC 2004

I was trying to resolve a conflict, and I noticed something odd

There is a 9pm showing of MythBusters on 10/20 on Discovery.  This same
episode airs again at 12am on 10/21, and at 3pm on 10/24.  I have Myth
set to only record new episodes, and it plans to record the original 9pm
airing, but for some reason the later showings of the new episode are
marked in my Upcoming Recordings list with an "r" for repeat instead of
an "E" for earlier showing.  This is preventing Myth from automatically
recording one of these later episodes and resolving my conflict.

AFAICT, this shouldn't have anything to do with the "reschedule higher
priority recordings" checkbox, they should still show up as "E"... but I
checked the box anyway, and it didn't help.

I have other episodes correctly showing an E, and I thought the
repeat-marking had a 2 week window to allow shows to re-air before
calling them repeats.

Is there some explanation for this, or is MythBusters actually Busting
MythTV... ?

Thanks
Adam