[mythtv-users] PVR-350, ivtvdev_drv.o, KDE desktop taking priority when it shouldn't on FC2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Oct 15 18:41:19 UTC 2004

On 10/15/2004 09:16 AM, Michael Fenston wrote:

> I'm having an issue with my mythbox where it appears the KDE desktop
> is overriding the video output display on the PVR-350.  It happens
> randomly while watching live TV sometimes.  I left live TV running all
> day as a burn in test and came home to find the KDE desktop with the
> mythtv GUI blacked out.  I can hear audio when this happens and can
> usually get back to seeing video by changing channels.  It also
> happens when I view the EPG overlay while watching live TV
> (consistently) but I can get out of it by pressing the Menu button
> twice.  Any ideas on a fix for this?
>
> I'm running Fedora Core 2, the latest at-stable 100zz ivtv stuff from
> atrpms (as of this morning) and the ivtvdev_drv.o file from
> http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/

Sounds like something in KDE is writing to X.  Could be a clock
(although you said it seems ramdomly-timed, so that's unlikely), a
status monitor dock app, biff, or something like that.  Make sure any
and all apps that update their displays (even if in a hidden toolbar)
are turned off/removed from the display.

Mike