[mythtv-users] nuvexport problem

Andrew Plumb aplumb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 18:02:40 UTC 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:40:19 -0400, James Armstrong
<james at thearmstrongs.org> wrote:
> >Enjoy!  Now if I could just figure out how to get nuvexport to run on
> >my mythfrontend-only machine...
> >
> >Andrew.
> >
> I have nuvexport *only* running on my frontend. It is a P4 3gig HT with
> 1mega cache verses the Athlon 2000XP on the backend. I did not have any
> problems getting it installed. You do have to share and map the
> directory used by the backend for recordings on the frontend to
> /mnt/store. Nuvexport will not work unless it has access to it. It does
> not stream the files from the mythbackend, it accesses then directly on
> the share.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.  I suspect it's something else.  I can access my
mythtv backend machine via NFS, and I did a "ln -s /net/mythtv/video
/video" so my "/video/store" locations match.  When I run nuvexport,
it can see that I have "42 recordings", but then Perl complains about
line 32 (the include myth::recordings bit).  The file is there in
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/mythtv/recordings.pm, so it looks like the
error is only a symptom of some other problem.  Is there something I
should (not) be doing in mythtvsetup for nuvexport to work?

When I run the frontend, even from a VNC session, I'm able to browse
my recordings and see the little snippets, but as you said, nuvexport
works with NFS, not streamed files.  Does nuvexport expect a
hard-coded /mnt/store path, or is that just specific to your setup -
the equivalent on my machine is /video/store?

I've run nuvexport on the backend machine without any trouble, except
that it took 10hours to convert a 1hr recording into a 320x240 AVI I
could watch on my iRiver PMP-120.  I want to try the same on another
machine whose primary purpose will be transcoding, archiving to DVD,
and offloading to other devices like my PMP-120 or for me to access
remotely when I'm on the road.  Both machines are Epia M10K with 512MB
RAM, running Fedora Core 2.

Thoughts?

Andrew.

--

If you don't know what to do, do something.