[mythtv-users] Hauppauge cards...

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 15 17:15:19 UTC 2004

It can be worse than just playing mpeg's(at the
moment). If the game updates a small region of the
screen and then another in the old driver these would
send the complete screen to the card. This uses a lot
of bandwidth. The current latest driver sends a lot
less of the screen but still one chunk so if a small
area top left & a small area at the bottom of the
screen it still sends nearly all the screen if they
get combined into a single update.

I am working on the driver to improve this and other
things and it will get better. But currently my
machine has died (memory failure) and i'm rebuilding
it plus i dont have a lot of time so this is going to
improve slowly.

John