[mythtv-users] Fans (was S.O.S. : General h/w question)

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Fri Oct 15 13:33:14 UTC 2004

Price performance, I'm quite partial to the Vantec Aeroflow 2 with a
Zalman fanmate combo if the motherboard doesn't support speed control.

http://frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1636

It's only quiet with the Zalman, but the advantages are it's a decent
heatsink/fan, is widely available and reasonably priced.   They cost
about $30 (Heatsink + Zalman) in the US and are really good in
non-overclocked systems.  They used to make a TMD (Tip Mounted Drive)
version but I hear they had reliability problems with the design and
switched back to a regular fans.

I also like the Zalman stuff, but their latest designs don't fit in
smaller spaces, so you can't use them in every type of case.

Yan