[mythtv-users] AIW radeon

Brian LeFevre blefevre at ida.net
Fri Oct 15 04:22:49 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 14 October 2004 12:06, Luke Albers wrote:
>
>>Can anyone tell me exactly why the all in wonder radeon is not supposed
>>to work with mythtv?
>

> Search the mailing list archive, its been covered several times already.

IIRC, the AIW drivers do not support capture and XV at the same time.
You can watch TV with them but they are just overlaying on top of the
video inside of the video card.
You can record from them but then, but while you are recording you can
not playback your video.  I have tried many times but like everyone else
said there is really not enough linux support for them.  If you work at
ATI and have some knowledge to share I am sure many people would be
interested.  (AND ATI doesn't mind you sharing it, but I think the AIW
cards are a very well protected thing for them)