[mythtv-users] AIW radeon

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Oct 14 19:30:57 UTC 2004

Luke Albers wrote:

>Can anyone tell me exactly why the all in wonder radeon is not supposed
>to work with mythtv?

Sure.  I tried to get one working.  The V4L (video4linux) driver for the
AIW does not expose an of the tuner functionality to the API.  It only
provides the most basic of basic capture options which still require
that another program using the KM driver module be running to allow
capture.  The gatos team apparently has no desire to enhance the V4L
driver to support the functions needed to it to work with V4L programs
like MythTV

Kevin