[mythtv-users] Subtitle (Teletext) recording and PVR-350?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Thu Oct 14 19:24:51 UTC 2004

Rudy,

>> 1) Go for Analogue card only - enjoy analogue subtitles or digital
>> subs via STB but at cost of CPU power and upgrade to PVR-350 or DVB at
>> a later date
>> 2) Go for PVR-350 - enjoy digital subs only
>

> Nope, analoque subs only. Its a card that takes an analoque signal and
> does real-time compression on the card. Can deliver VBI stream, though
> driver support not yet stable (but coming along nicely). Once VBI
> support is stable in a stable release (which is being worked on), mythtv
> will have to be modified to support it. Quit some people are hoping for
> that to happen...

What I meant was that the STB would decode the subtitles and "paste" the
subtitles on the image and the PVR-350 would process the subtitled
picture - it wouldn't notice the subtitles and do nothing with it, but I
would see it.  Works fine with my VCR which can't record subtitles - but
records the digital subtitled video fine.

Thanks for the info tho :)

Cheers - Piers