[mythtv-users] Auto-login and associated problems...KDE 3.3 problem?

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Thu Oct 14 17:03:37 UTC 2004

Jarod,

looking at your excellent guide, you might want to add a bit for people
who are prefer using KDE and the KDM Login Manager to configure their
auto login.  Your guide is specifically for GDM login manager starting a
KDE session, which may explain the confusion I had with respect to the
autologin feature.  By default as I remember, It is not clear on FC that
KDE Desktop users have to use gdmsetup to change their login properties.
   Which means if a user sets up their default desktop to KDE via GDM it
won't use the auto login info supplied by KDM Login Manager tool, which
they would naturally use to configure autologin via the KDE desktop.  Do
you get my drift ?

Just my 0.02c

Yan