[mythtv-users] Re: Web -> nuvexport to svcd

Peter Lee PeterAtCMU at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 17:01:21 UTC 2004

Hi, Chris.

> How long do you let it sit?  In some cases it could sit there for
> several minutes before any progress shows, especially if transcode is
> reading through an mpeg file while processing a cutlist.

Ah, right.  I need to wait longer.  OK, so now after waiting longer, I
get an error:

  nice: mplex:  command not found

In looking at the export/SVCD.pm script, a variable $Prog{'mplexer'}
is set in the new() method  However, in the export() method, on line
134, mplex is hardwired in, which is a problem for me because I have
only tmplex, and anyway it seems like a mistake in the code.  Changing
"mplex" to "$Prog{'mplexer'} is not completely easy because mplex and
tcmplex apparently take different kinds of command-line arguments.

As an experiment, I changed line 134 to:

    $comand = "nice -n $Args{'nice'}  tcmplex -m s -i
$safe_outfile.m2v -p $safe_outfile.mpa -o $safe_outfile.mpg";

Unfortunately, this didn't work, either.  I end up with:

======
ow encoding:  The Daily Show With Jon Stewart:  Billy Bob Thornton
Encode started:  Thu Oct 14 12:47:47 2004
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting transcode.
processed:  0 of 0 frames (0.00%), 0 fps
transcode finished.
processed:  0 of 53820 frames (0.00%), 0 fps
mythtranscode finished.

INFO: using reference profile (SVCD)
INFO: profile type is (PAL)

ERROR: Input file ./The Daily Show With Jon Stewart -Billy Bob
Thornton.m2v was not found.

Encode finished:  Thu Oct 14 12:51:14 2004
Encode lasted: 3m 27s
======

At this point, given my very limited perl hacking ability, I am pretty stuck.

Any ideas?  I guess I could just go and get mplex, but it seems better
overall to fix the script.

Peter