[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings does not release Disk Space

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 14 13:45:39 UTC 2004

On Thursday 14 October 2004 07:17, wmunson at rochester.rr.com wrote:
> > So is XFS or NFS the one to use?  I know nothing of either but
> > Isaac said NFS and now you mention XFS.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave
>
> Well you really need to do a bit of reading and the usual "I am not
> an expert" disclaimers apply to what I say.
>
> NFS is a way to have storage on several different servers and combine
> them. XFS is a fairly new very efficient file system designed for
> handling large files well.

Slight correction... AFAIK, NFS does not "combine" disparate
filesystems.  All NFS does it allow you to export a filesystem or
portion of a filesystem from one system, and mount the exported
filesystem on another machine on the network.  It's similar to the way
you'd use Samba (or Windows) shares.

-JAC