[mythtv-users] mythtv-users@mythtv.org

Mike Ryan mike.ryan at redmar.com
Thu Oct 14 08:12:16 UTC 2004

Apologies for sending this again, but my mailer (mutt) filed this under someone
else's thread, so just to be safe here it is again!

Hi

I've just taken delivery of a shiny, new AverMedia 771 DVB-T card and am trying to get
it working under Redhat FC2 2.6.8-1.521

Anyone else out there got this going? I followed other suggestions, but I seem to be
missing a module called mt352. So, I d/led the latest linuxTV release and tried to
compile it but this fell over every time during the make with an error stating
I2C_ADAP_CLASS_TV_ANALOG undeclared.

However, am I over-complicating this? I often read that DVB is included in the 2.6
kernel, so do I need to even do any of this stuff?? I followed Jarrod's installation
guide so have a standard FC2 system, with all the latest apt-get updates installed.

Would appreciate any pointers, am I sure this is a path that many people have already
been down

Thanks in advance

Mike