[mythtv-users] import old recording into new myth system

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 14 03:30:28 UTC 2004

On 10/13/2004 09:34 PM, jds wrote:

>i have a PVR350-based system, which up until last week was
>running myth .14 + a whole slew of ad-hoc fixes and tweaks.
>it served me well but was becoming a patchwork of band-aids.
>i decided to start anew with a virgin install of .16, and
>at the same time install a much larger HD.
>
>before the upgrade, i copied some of my favorite .nuv's over
>to my desktop PC.  i figured i could always make DVD's out of
>them if i wanted.  however, i also that it might be possible
>to re-import them into my new .16 setup.
>
>hence my question -- what steps would be necessary to import
>an "old" recording?

Copy the .nuv's over to the MythTV recordings directory, ensure they
have the appropriate name (i.e. chanid_starttime_stoptime.nuv - use one
of the current recordings as a pattern if you've renamed your
recordings), and run the script myth.rebuilddatabase.pl (which is
distributed with the source in the contrib directory).  It will prompt
for the title, subtitle, and description of the old recordings.

Mike