[mythtv-users] Re: Suse 2.6.5 lockup

Neil Crane neilcrane at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 22:14:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I *think* I tracked this one down, and now have it working with 2.6.5;
however, you may have already tried my 'fix'.

Under 2.6.4, I experienced the bug again after installing the latest
version of QT from the Trolltech website (required to get one of the
myth addon modules working, as Suse's QT seemed to cause a crash -
this is mentioned in the archives). When I next ran MythTV, you can
imagine my dismay when it hung in the same way as before.

In the end, I basically got it going by reinstalling the Nvidia driver
from their site (even though I thought it was correctly installed),
rather than using Yast. Flushed with success, I upgraded again to
2.6.5, rebooted, and reinstalled the Nvidia driver again - it now
works fine.

Might be some nebulous driver issue?

Good luck!

Neil