[mythtv-users] Need Help in setting up MythTV system

mark at onnow.net mark at onnow.net
Wed Oct 13 19:28:16 UTC 2004

I just setup a system last week and was in the same position as you.
Undetermined hardware, OS, etc.....

I now have a fully working system ( only 1 bug in it that is fixed in CVS )
-BUG was record live TV with only 1 TV-in card. Not a big deal though.

Here is what worked easily for me:
Hardware:
PVR-250 ( Model 980 w/ grey remote )
Celeron 2.4
512 RAM
No built in devices except for nic
Soundblaster 5.1 Live card
Asus FX5200 w/ TVout
120Gig Drive
Silent Powersupply and CPU fan.
Standard ATX case

Software:
Fedora 2
Follow Jerrods howto to the letter and you will be up and running no problem.
The PRV250 is nice and simple and just works.  The remote too.
I have all features working first try and it was easy with the Jerrod HOWTO and
apt-get.

You can email me for assistance or to clarify anytime.

Mark

Quoting clemens at dwf.com: