[mythtv-users] fast audio and video

Scott Mazur mythlists at littlefish.ca
Wed Oct 13 16:48:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:11:15 -0400, Christopher Flynn wrote

> It's a PVR-250MCE. I did try the newer drivers (that were out
> yesterday) but I thought I also tried the ck110 drivers. I will try
> again tonight. If I do cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg the same thing
> happens. (ie. it's too fast) so it may be a different problem.

Ya for me cat works just peachy, regardless of the version.  But that may be a
clue.  I believe the root of the problem lies in the format of the data stream
from the card.  Perhaps my mplayer version is smart enough to interpret it
correctly, and play back at proper speed.  Maybe your mplayer version gets
tripped up the same way Myth does.  Perhaps it may even be an mplayer config
file or plugin issue?.  I've seen some earlier reports that replacing mplayer
with xine solved the problem

What do you use to playback your test.mpg file?

I'm running mplayer 1.0pre5-3.4.1  Maybe a comparison of mplayer config files
would be in order?

Scott

--
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!
(http://www.littlefish.ca)