[mythtv-users] Replacing dead PVR250

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:05:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:33:13 -0700, Billy Macdonald <whmac33 at comcast.net> wrote:
>      Next, are there any issues with the PVR250MCE's  I have no desire
> for the remote, I already have those.

Yes and no, I got one and I managed to set it up after patching my
kernel and compiling the latest ivtv drivers. Now after getting some
new components and messing up my original settings to the point where
I just reinstalled debian I am having some issues with playback speed
being too fast. I am going to try a suggestion of using an older
driver to see if that helps.

pcalchemy.com has a patch for ivtv that is supposed to be for the 2.4
kernel so I haven't tried it. So it will work, it just requires a few
extra steps. The new 150 and 500 cards aren't supported under linux
yet.

--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi