[mythtv-users] PVR 250 EOL?

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:49:29 UTC 2004

I'm having the same problem here. I've looked all over Belgium but
nobody could supply the cards. I finally ordered one in the
Netherlands but that supplier hasn't received his shipment either.
I've contacted Hauppauge and this was their answer:

It is indeed not easy to source our PVR products in Belgium.
There is indeed a shortage. We hope to have that fixed in the next couple
weeks.

The 150 will replace the 250 and has NOT yet had Linux drivers developed for
them. For large projecs, we are still able to supply 250 cards.

The 500 is basically  a dual-tuner version of the 150 card. Again, no Linux
yet. Availability of the 500 in Q1 2005.

The 350 is alive and kicking and will not be phased-out in the near future
(lets say 12 months)