[mythtv-users] PVR to the extreme!

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 13 04:19:03 UTC 2004

On Oct 12, 2004, at 19:32, David George wrote:

> Mike Vega wrote:
>
>> I know it's a WinXP software package but I just had to show you guys
>> this.
>>
>> http://www.snapstream.com/Community/Articles/medusa/default.asp
>>
>> 6, count them, 6 Hauppauge PVR-250BTV (aka Hauppauge "Roslyn" board)
>> in
>> one PRV machine.  If they can do it under WinXP, why can't we.  Any
>> takers?
[snippy]
>> If anyone has a similar setup, lets hear about it.  The SnapStream
>> guys
>> can't have all the fun!!
>
> I have 3 PVR-250 (one of them an MCE) and a pcHDTV card in one system.
>  Only reason I don't have more is because I ran out of PCI slots.  Of
> course I don't record that much, nor do I have a lot of frontends
> (only 1!).  Maybe I'll get a new MB with 6 PCI slots.  I've also been
> thinking about getting the Hauppauge PVR USB2 to experiment with and
> won't need anymore slots.

I've got a pcHDTV card, a PVR-350, a PVR-250, two AVerMedia M179 cards,
an AVerMedia Studio card and a Yuan MPG600GR at my disposal (as well as
an MSI TV at nywhere -- cx88 card), though only four of the cards are in
my active setup, across three machines... I'm back to working on trying
to hack through some patches to get the MPG600GR (very nice little
card) supported in ivtv, once I've finished getting my workstation back
in action (lost a drive from my RAID array, decided to wipe it and
reinstall RHEL4b1)...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com