[mythtv-users] Re: minimalist hardware for mythtv backend using PVR-350 or PVR-250?

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Wed Oct 13 03:55:19 UTC 2004

That sounds like so much fun.  You have to post pictures of this when
you're done!  Looking forward to seeing your project completed.  Don't
think USB1 will cut it.  Only 12mbits/sec.  That's about 1MB/s.  Also
even USB2 drives are pretty CPU intensive, so you might want to
reconsider.  That's why a lot of people use Firewire, lower CPU load.