[mythtv-users] How can I make ALL recordings auto-commercial flag?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Oct 13 01:23:22 UTC 2004

> > Can you update to current CVS and try it now?  When I put the JobQueue
> > into place, it changed the place where the autocommercialflag setting
> > was used (ie, at recording schedule time instead of at actual record
> > time), but I neglected to update MythWeb to populate the new column in
> > the database.  I just tried and committed a quick fix to give back the
> > lost functionality.
>
> 	This is probably a long stretch but could this have a similar
> effect on the autotranscoding? I have been unable to get my Myth box to
> autotranscode ever since I upgraded to 0.16 and I have checked (and
> double checked) everything. It just seems that mythtranscode is never
> launched.
> 	I also took a quick look at the code and it seems that the
> JobQueue never actually does anything for LOCAL_TRANSCODE (but I am not
> an expert of the code)

The JobQueue wasn't in 0.16, so this couldn't be your problem.  The
JobQueue also doesn't do transcoding in 0.16 or current CVS, transcoding
is handled separately.  The mythtranscode author is currently testing
converting the transcoding to run via the JobQueue, but that isn't
in CVS.  So, no, the bug I fixed (and the JobQueue in general) has
nothing to do with your transcode problem.

--

Chris