[mythtv-users] Question -- Attempting MythTV Build with LFS

Jim Gifford maillist at jg555.com
Tue Oct 12 23:30:25 UTC 2004

 Here is what I have hardware wise available.

    AMD Thunderbird 1.1 ghz
    768 MB RAM
    Hauppauge PVR-350
    Creative DRX-3
    Sound Blaster 16 PCI
    Wireless Network Adapter
    10 GB - Hard Drive 7200 RPM - For LFS/Mythtv Requirement

I'm getting ready to attempt to build a base Linux From Scratch System,
with all the needed MythTV requirements. Here are my questions:

    1 - Is my hardware OK? If not, what piece is lacking

    2 - Do I need both the PVR-350 and DRX-3, if I want to be able to
record, and do playback at the same time.

    3 - Has anyone attempted to build this on a LFS system before, if so
any pointers?

--
----
Jim Gifford