[mythtv-users] Schedule Recoding from PVR-350 S-Video In

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 23:02:19 UTC 2004

Mercury Morris wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:27:43 -0400, Blues Guy <bluesguy at stny.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>Mercury Morris wrote:
>>

>>>This MythTV system is intended to replace a VCR that is connected exactly the
>>>same way - coax + 4DTV.  The 4DTV receiver and VCR are programmed separately.
>>>I set the 4DTV to tune in 'The Wire' on HBO, and the VCR to record for about
>>>an hour at the same time HBO broadcasts 'The Wire'.  Worked well for years.
>>>
>>>The MythTV system is doing the job of the VCR, but doesn't select the
>>>appropriate input from the PVR-350.  Surely, someone else may want to
>>>manually schedule recording from the PVR-350's S-Video/Composite video input.
>>>

>>Did you bind the 4DTV provider to the composite input in Mythsetup?  If
>>so, it should select the composite input.
>>

>Thanks for answering.
>
>In  mythtvsetup,  I defined a new Video Source called Video_In.
>And in Channel Editor, defined a channel called 4DTV with no
>channel number.
>
>Here are the current settings, as observed by running mythtvsetup:
>
>  Video Sources:
>    Antenna  and  Video_In
>
>  Input Connections:
>    Composite 0 - Antenna
>    Tuner 0         - Video_In
>    S-Video 0      - Video_In
>    all others       - (None)
>
>  Channel Editor:
>     4DTV
>       Callsign: W4DTV
>       Video Source: Video_In
>
>Does any of this information tell what the bindings are?

Since you cleared that up, my original premise is flawed, but seeing
what you have seems similar to other satellite setups.  Is there no way
to remotely change the channel on the 4DTV satellite unit (e.g. IR
Remote, serial interface, etc.)?  Most people use an IR Blaster or other
control to have Myth change the channel on the satellite box, and start
recording.  That way it uses the program data for the satellite provider
and that entire channel linup is bound to the input on your capture card.

I don't have this kind of setup, so satellite people please feel free to
chime in :-)

Greg