[mythtv-users] Remote frontend stalls on recorded progs only?

Chris Vargas ceenvee at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 18:01:05 UTC 2004

I've recently gone to a master backend and remote
frontend setup. My remote frontend seems to play back
Live TV from the MBE just fine. However, playing back
recorded programs results in lengthy (up to 5-10
second) pauses.

This is over wired 100Base-T so it's not a wireless
bandwidth issue. Same program plays fine on the MBE so
it doesn't seem to be a problem with the recording.
Same program also plays fine via my MediaMVP when I
connect it to the same network drop that the remote
frontend uses, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with
the ntework.

I did some searches of the archives and the only
suggestion I saw was to try to run mythfrontend at a
different nice level. This seems to have reduced, but
definitely not eliminated, the problem.

Any ideas what might be going on here? Or how I can
troubleshoot it (given that my Linux skills are pretty
rudimentary)? It seems a big clue that Live TV works
fine but not recorded programs.

Thanks in advance.