[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

Tue Oct 12 15:26:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, jack wrote:

> [...]

My *best* signal strength is somewhere arround 89.  Most of my stations fall
between 73 and 85.  In general, all but one is watchable with little
pixelization.   I am 9 miles from the towers, with direct line-of-sight.

The one station that gives me problems, admits they are broadcasting at less
the 1/4 power.  They claim they have to build a whole new tower before they
can up the power.

You can actually get pixelization from "other" factors.  If your hard disk
is too slow, it may not be able to feed the data to mythfrontend fast
enough for it to decode and display the entire frame.  Or maybe the data is
not getting written to your hard drive fast enough, and it is loosing data.

I use my mythbackend box for lots of other tasks.  If I get too many going
at once, I start seeing pixelization issues.

John