[mythtv-users] Re: HD-3000 and 2.6.9?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Oct 12 12:56:10 UTC 2004

On 10/12/2004 12:36 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2004, at 19:09, David George wrote:
>
>> I have the HD-2000 running in 2.6.9rc2 and kraxel's v4l2 2.6.9rc2-2
>> patch so the HD-3000 shouldn't be too much trouble.  If pcHDTV
>> doesn't have a patch for 2.6.9 I should be able make a patch for it.
>
> Cool, just looked at your site and saw the 2.6.9-rc2 patches. I was
> about to bump the kernel on my box up from 2.6.7, primarily because I
> finally bought my first-ever SATA drive, which I want to drop in my
> pcHDTV-equipped box. Its an nForce2 board, for which SATA drivers
> don't exist until 2.6.8. :-)
>
> Out of curiosity, have you tried the pcHDTV 1.4ulmo patches on top of
> the pcHDTV 1.3 patches? Better? Worse? No difference? No comment?

I have looked at 1.4ulmo, but don't actually use them.  There appears to
only be three types of changes (a larger buffer, different timeouts, and
true pre-eq signal strength).  Based on what I have read from your
messages, it doesn't appear that they work any worse.

I started working on merging the pcHDTV drivers with the latest v4l2
snapshot on 2.6.9-rc3, but it turned out to be a bigger job than
anticipated. 2.6.9-rc2 is working great and there haven't been any real
v4l or alsa changes in rc3 or rc4, so I figure I'll wait until 2.6.9 is
released before spending any more time on it.

>>  I might not be able to get my HD-3000 until Christmas though :-( .
>
> Its my birthday in a few weeks, maybe I can talk my wife into getting
> me one...

Nice, unfortunately my birthday has already passed so I have to wait for
Christmas for my wife to buy me one :-) .

--
David