[mythtv-users] Lirc with Universal Remote question

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 03:58:55 UTC 2004

To the best of my knowledge, the Hauppauge receiver
will only work with RC-5 remotes (or a universal
remote that can do RC-5 codes).

There's quite a few posts in the archives of the
mailing list where people have setup their Hauppauge
receiver to use universal remote controls.  Jarod
Wilson (http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/remotes.php)
and I (http://www.vulturesnest.net/mythtvremote.html)
both have web pages where we detail what we did to get
our RC-5 remotes (in his case, a Radio Shack remote,
and in mine, a One For All URC-6131) working with the
Hauppauge receiver.

-- Joe