[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Oct 11 21:45:37 UTC 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 23:21, Joe Barnhart wrote:
> On the other hand, I just want to get a stable working
> system, so maybe I'll trash the mobo and get an
> Athlon64 and let someone else worry about XvMC.

There are still some issues w/Athlon64, I'd recommend a fast P4 if you really
want to go trouble-free. (There was a post by Kyle Rose about excessively
high cpu usage on a dual Opteron system in 32-bit mode just recently, and
only 34% idle when running in 64-bit mode, while my Athlon XP 3200+ regularly
sits at 30% idle).

> Don't
> take this wrong, but in a way I'm sorry you fixed your
> problem.  ;-)  It was nice having a lead blocker who
> is so well known in the Myth community.

:-p

> As a
> newcomer, I don't expect to be taken as seriously.

Perhaps not as seriously (being a vet does have its privileges, I guess ;-),
but I think you're definitely being taken seriously. Its just very hard for
anyone else to do anything about it when they can't reproduce the behavior
you're seeing (or, in my case, I thought we had the same problem, and my
fixes aren't working for you). :-(

Perhaps everything is good on the hardware side now, and you have some
hardware-level issues to overcome, as Brandon indicated could be the case.
What sort of cache and bus speed is that 2800 running with?

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...