[mythtv-users] Problem with New Xorg Install...

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Mon Oct 11 11:17:19 UTC 2004

Hey gang,

I'm running an Epia M10000 and I wanted to upgrade to the latest XvMC
drivers so I could upgrade to the last CVS version of Myth.  So I
installed Xorg 6.8.1, patched it with all the unichrome stuff and
everything seemed to go pretty well.  Unfortunately, when I go to watch
TV or a recording, the sound is perfect, but I get no picture, just a
black screen.  The Myth frontend log is spewing this message over and over:

    X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
    Major opcode:  139
    Minor opcode:  19
    Resource id:  0x1

At the same time, my Xorg log is spewing this stuff:

    dwAddr for HQV is 4701184
    Freed 4194304 (pool 2)
    Freed 4701184 (pool 2)
    Freed 4194304 (pool 0)
    Fulfilled via DRI at 4194304
    dwAddr for SWfbMem is 4194304
    Freed 4701184 (pool 0)
    Fulfilled via DRI at 4701184

It doesn't matter if I turn on the new hardware decoding in Setup, or I
turn it off and use software decoding.  I know this is a problem with my
installation of Xorg, but I was hoping someone here might have seen this
before, or know what it is.  If not, I'll look elsewhere.

Thanks!