[mythtv-users] 5 second gap at end of recording

Adam Berson adam at adamberson.com
Mon Oct 11 01:33:20 UTC 2004

I recently recorded a bunch of shows all in a row.  I noticed that at
the end of every recording, 5 seconds is missing.  This was particularly
noticeable because the channel's time did not line up with my time, so
my show boundaries were off by about 5 minutes - which means the 5
second gap occured in the middle of the show.

Out of curiosity, why are all seconds 5 seconds short by default?  Is it
to allow for one file to be closed and another to be opened?  Is it to
allow for the tuner to change channels?  If it's the tuner, then
couldn't this delay be minimized if the channel isn't going to be changed?

If I set the default overshoot for my recordings to be 5 seconds, would
that start causing a conflict between any adjacent shows?  Is the 5
seconds mandatory?

Adam