[mythtv-users] Press R while watching Live TV ==> Frontend hang

Donavan Stanley GeckoFiend at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 13:28:50 UTC 2004

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 00:28:49 -0800, John Andersen
<jsa at video.homelinux.org> wrote:
> How long will it be before there exists download-able tar-balls of
> those things that have been fixed in CVS?   A 0.16.1 was hinted
> at on the myth web site.  Is this likely any time soon?

It's *possible* Isaac might do a .16.1 release for this bug, but since
it doesn't effect everyone I wouldn't hold my breath.  This particular
bug only seems to affect people using high performance file systems
(possibly over a certain percentage full).  Of all the developers I
think I was the only one affected and it took me a while to figure out
exactly what the problem was. (Myth buffers output so as not to hammer
the disk.  xfs delays writing data till the last possible instant.  If
xfs delays too long in it's write Myth is allowed to open a file that
can't yet be read from.)

> (Some of us have been involved in other projects where there
> were as many new bugs as fixes introduced in CVS.)

Almost everything that's been commited to CVS since .16 has been a bug
fix.   As of last night the two really annoying bug involving
recordings and live tv have been fixed so now might be a good time to
upgrade if you're so inclined.

Myth CVS stays pretty solid overall.  I run it on my MBE / primary FE.