[mythtv-users] Re: upgrading howto

anders smith anders at smiths.dk
Sat Oct 9 21:55:59 UTC 2004

now that apt-get mythmusic has run it seems I have all the myth modules
installed, but when I after a restart run mythfrontend I get an error
from the database...:

____snip___

2004-10-09 14:41:42 Upgrading  to schema 1051
DB error (performing database upgrade):
Query was ALTER TABLE recorded ADD COLUMN lastmodified TIMESTAMP NOT
NULL:
Driver error was [2/-1]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute querry
Database error was:
Duplicate column name 'last modified'

___snip___

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
I guess it involves manually editing the database, but I have no idea
how to go about that...
I do have a backup of my database and I guess I could dump the
database, reimport the mc.sql and then my data (there was a corruption
on one of the tables- the 'recordedmarkup') .... would this be the way?

thanks
Anders