[mythtv-users] upgrading howto

and anders at smiths.dk
Sat Oct 9 16:11:02 UTC 2004

Thanks,
I'll do that, but I have a supplementing question regarding the mysql
database.....and accessing old recordings etc

All my programs where recorded in California and I now live in Denmark.
When I moved here I had a problem that all the recorded shows
disappeared  from Myth when I changed my location/timezone from
US-westcoast to EU-Copenhagen. The only way to get tham back was when I
reset the clock/timezone to US-westcoast.....

Now that I live and want to record here in Denmark (using the updated
installation), I still want to watch the US recordings.... How do I do
that?
Can I just backup the database, reinstall everything and update some
fields in the database as well as the location/timezone and have this
work?... How do I do that?

Would I be better off to make a reinstall as you describe based on my
RH9 install or should I go for a fresh FC2 install?

thanks

rgds
anders