[mythtv-users] "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt"

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 09:32:27 UTC 2004

I'm stumped.  I've been recompiling mythtv on my
system.  I've compiled it successfully numerous times.
 Now, all of a sudden, it won't even begin to compile
mythtv.  When I get to the "make" step, I get the
error above.

I have exported QTDIR=/usr/share/qt3 (I'm on a
KnoppMyth distro), and done the ./configure and qmake
settings.pro steps.  I look in the directory
/usr/share/qt3 and I see the files and directories I
would expect (although they seem to be the
multi-threaded versions).

What could have changed??  I even uncompressed a fresh
copy of 0.16 mythtv sources and tried again.  No joy.