[mythtv-users] Audio (mp3) on the Hauppague 350

Scott Francis scott.francis at newisys.com
Fri Oct 8 20:08:34 UTC 2004

I don't think MP3's themselves will go thru the 350.  What I believe
most people do (and what I personally do) is run the output from the 350
through a sound card, then have the sound card output to speakers.  This
allows you not only to have very good sound for your TV stuff, but it
also handles MP3's and the like just fine.  Not sure if it can do
"surround sound", but my 3 speaker system has great sound.

Just set up your volume to a comfortable "high" level and you can use
Myth to then change the volume levels with your Hauppage IR Controller.

Just my 2 cents.

Scott