[mythtv-users] Nuvexport Question

Kyle Kelly kyle at kylekelly.com
Fri Oct 8 19:26:05 UTC 2004

Sean Savage wrote:

>How long should i be able to transcode shows with the new nuvexport...
> I used to be able to export to Divx in 30 minutes for an hour show,
>now using Xvid it takes like 14 hours for one show, is this normal?
>If so, is there a faster transcoder that will keep the file size
>relativly small?  VCD? SVCD? DVCD?

I've got a pentium4 1.6Ghz box, and encoding a 1hour program with the
commercials cut out with these choices:

Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes]
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [Yes] No
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes]
Audio bitrate? [128] 96
Variable bitrate video? [Yes]
Multi-pass (slower, but better quality)? [No]
VBR quality/quantisation (1-31)? [6]
Width? [624]
Height? [468]

Takes about 2.5-3 hours and results in files about 110-120megs in size.

Hope that helps.