[mythtv-users] Widescreen modeline for projector

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri Oct 8 15:32:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Paul Woodward wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am going to take delivery of a widescreen projector next week and I
> was wondering if anyone could direct me to somewhere to learn how to set
> up the modeline properly. I'm using FC2 if that makes a difference.

 	Jealousy is a terrible thing...

> The projector is a Hitachi PJ-TX100 and I intend to drive it via VGA or
> DVI at 1280x720. Is it possible to do damage to it by sending it an
> improper signal?

 	Good choice on the drive, and maybe yes... possible to damage it.
Most likely (new, I assume?), it's smart enough to not damage itself.

 	When you get it, look hard through the spec in the manual, and/or
contact the MFGR, and get the Horiz/Vert frequency specs that it wants.
Then you can construct a modeline that's "perfect" for it.

 	I would say you can scour the 'net looking for a "720p" HDTV
standard modeline, but the SNR on the 'net regarding modelines is pretty
low.

-Cory