[mythtv-users] Tv Overlay with Nvidia and Sony HDTV

Dave david.collett at dart.net.au
Fri Oct 8 09:56:07 UTC 2004

Definitely start with the settings on your TV set, I know my "HDTV
Ready" CRT has monitor-style adjustments to do this stuff. But the
options are available ONLY for the HDTV inputs (VGA/Component), when
viewing from the inbuilt (analog) tuner or s-vide/composite you get no
such options in the OSD (I believe it has 2 different circuits)

Now, in response to the post below re. adjusting GUI size in
mythfrontend: does that change the video output also or just the OSD
position?? I still have a slight "squashing" on the left edge of my
screen (noticable during panning), which I think I can get rid of
through overscanning some more, but I dont want to loose to much video.
If myth will scale the video in a bit that would probably do the
trick...

Dave